Approaching Poetry at Key Stage 4 (National Association for the Teaching of English (Nate))
Elsewhere $149 $89.95 Save $59.05 (40%)
Free shipping Australia wide
||Price Checked Time
||Their Price in AUD
|Book Depository US
||21 days ago
You save $2.58
|Published In: ||United States, 26 November 2012|
This helpful and accessible teacher resource offers over 750 innovative ways of studying the pre1914 and post 1914 poetry which is prescribed for GCSE study. The unique features offered by this CD ROM means that the poems:
- are presented in eight different electronic formats, in ways which help students to undertake their own investigation and analysis.
- Can be shared, filed and made available to many users simultaneously
- Can be presented in a variety of other forms, eg: tables, desequenced, mapped or collapsed which can help spark new ways of investigating texts
- Can serve as a workshop for innovative ideas, with techniques for study that can easily be applied to other texts
- Are available to be used as on-screen worksheets
The CD contains all the pre-1914 poems from the AQA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC anthologies and is full of practical suggestions of how to approach individual poems.
Please note: Individual items on this CD may be reproduced for use within the purchasing institution only, and the CD itself may be be copied.
Table of Contents
Introduction; Instructions; Resources
About the Author
Trevor Millum is an ex-English teacher and has been Director of the National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE). He has written widely on poetry, creativity and the use of ICT in English and is also well known as a children's author. Chris Warren has taught English for 19 years and is currently a director at Teachit. Working with Trevor Millum, Chris has co-written several books on English and ICT.
15+ years |