The Best Book on How to Barefoot Run
Elsewhere $33.45 $24.63 Save $8.82 (26%)
Free shipping Australia wide
||Price Checked Time
||Their Price in AUD
||2 days ago
You save $8.82
||4 days ago
You save $3.32
Order now for Christmas delivery
|Format: ||Paperback, 64 pages|
|Published In: ||United States, 01 September 2011|A How-To Guide For Safely Transitioning To Barefoot Running And Movement Training What's In The Book
- An 8-week training timeline with scheduled exercises, run times, ramp-up exertions, and scheduled down times.
- Links to videos of low impact activities, stretches, and exercises for overall fitness.
- Techniques that minimize over-use injuries and optimize over-all health benefits.
- An overview of the barefoot running world including the best blogs, web and social networking sites, apps, organizations, and minimalist running shoes.
- Step 1: The Top Concepts You Need To Take From This Book.
- Step 2: Short Look At Bipedalism.
- Step 3: Why Barefoot?
- Step 4: How To Start Barefoot Running.
- Step 5: How To Get Connected With Others.
- Step 6: Which Minimalist Shoe Would Work For You.
- Step 7: Barefoot Walking & Running Techniques.
- Step 8: How To Cross Train For Barefoot.
- Step 9: How To Restore Soft Tissues.
- Step 10: The Barefoot Training Schedule.
- Step 11: Nutrition
- Step 12: Supportive Technology Here Are Some Of The Specific Things You'll Learn
- Pros and cons of how shoes affect our feet.
- Why shoes can lead to bad movement habits.
- Why our bodies change and adapt due to posture.
- What is Hallux Valgus and how does it create bunions?
- The dos and don'ts of barefooting.
- The complexity of the foot structure.
- How the foot absorbs shock.
- Why proper barefooting technique uses all the body's joints to absorb force instead of one.
- Why running/walking speed changes affects pain issues.
- Safe guidelines for beginning barefooting.
- The "short foot" technique, used for strengthening your arches.
- 6 stretching self-assessments to find the tight points that need extra attention.
- 5 activities to do to improve your balance.
- What to look out for while running!
- Resources for meeting barefoot running groups.
- Some information about minimalist footwear.
- The barefoot walking/running technique
- A sequence of 8 Warm-Up moves.
- 6 strength raining moves.
- Diaphragmatic breathing technique
- How to use a foam roller or tennis ball for soft-tissue work
- How to build up your body over the course of an 8 week program.
- Nutrition recommendations.
- 3 Smart Phone apps designed to improve your running performance.
- A list of blogs and websites for discussing and learning more about barefooting.
About the Author
Charlie Reid B.S., CSCS, CPT, is a personal fitness coach, fitness writer, and business consultant based out of San Francisco, CA. His passion lies in helping others realize their physical potential through training smarter and learning to move their bodies in the most efficient way possible. He believes that physical health and well-being can be distilled from learning to master one's own body through guided discovery and consistent practice. Besides running and training barefoot, Charlie also shares a strong passion for music, and is a session bassist for local artists and touring bands. Josh Leeger M.S., NASM-CPT, has a Master's degree in Kinesiology (human movement science) from San Francisco State University. He has been a certified personal trainer since 2001, and has coached and trained men and women from every age group and activity level, from couch potatoes to competitive athletes. His interests are in human evolutionary behavior and physical activity.
27.99 x 21.59 x 0.33 centimetres (0.22 kg)|
15+ years |