* How to construct art quilts, from fabric collage and applique
to whole-cloth quilts
* Machine stitching and thread painting tips and tutorials from award-winning art quilters
* Inspiring, in-depth profiles of some of today's most revered art quilters
* An array of binding and finishing techniques to make your art quilt stand out
* Ideas and advice on how to turn your love of art quilting into a business
Pokey Bolton is a co-founder of Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors magazines. She is now the editorial director of Interweave's Quilt and Paper Division. She is the author of The Quilting Arts Book: Techniques and Inspiration for Creating One-of-a-Kind Quilts and 1,000 Artist Trading Cards: Innovative and Inspired Mixed Media ATCs. Pokey is also the host of Quilting Arts TV. She splits her time between Sudbury, Massachusetts and Boulder, Colorado.
"...an eclectic and valuable resource." - Machine Quilting Unlimited"A stunning range of materials, designs, artists, and ideas." - Publishers Weekly"Whether you are making your first quilt, or are a seasoned quilter, there are innumerable instructions and inspiration in this book." - Fabrications