Part I: Sleight of Mind
1. It's a Mad, Mad World
2. Silly Human Tricks (Decision Biases)
3. Gamblers, Speculators, and Investors
4. Mind Over Money
Part II: Blind Spots
5. Need to Know?
6. It's the Simple Life for Me
7. Thinking Small
8. Bulls in the China Shop
Part III: Honest, Capable Fiduciaries
9. Dare to Be Great! Or, Distinctive Character
10. Bang for the Buck
11. Do the Bad Guys Wear Black Hats?
12. Shipping Bricks and Other Accounting Riddles
Part IV: Live Long and Prosper
13. Is the End Near?
14. Oil Gushers and Slicks
15. Tech Stocks and Science Fiction
16. How Much Debt Is Too Much?
Part V: What's It Worth?
17. Will the Lowest Be Raised Up?
18. Which Earnings Number?
19. The Art of Judging Value
20. Double Bubble Trouble
21. Two Paradigms
Joel Tillinghast is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder and thirty-six-year veteran of the investments industry. He has been the manager of the Fidelity(R) Low-Priced Stock Fund since 1989.
Tillinghast provides a very useful checklist of the required due diligence of investments, the tenets of value investing, the need to more carefully understand the culture and rule of law of foreign countries before investing in them, and how to stay within your circle of competence. -- David Kass, University of Maryland