1. The need for a public ethnography
2. What is public ethnography and whom is it good for?
3. Why and how more ethnographers are seeking broader audiences
4. Beyond Representation
5. Losing bad habits
6. Sensuous scholarship
7. Learning from documentary film
8. Enlivening Ethnography: In Search of a More-than-Representational Style
9. Writing in Magazines and Blogs
10. Multimodal Ethnography
11. Working with Audio
12. Working with images
13. The Basics of Shooting and Editing Video
14. Sharing Videos
Phillip Vannini is Professor and Canada Research Chair in Innovative Learning and Public Ethnography at Royal Roads University, Canada.