1. The Structure of Materials.
2. Properties of Materials.
4. Principles of Polymeric Materials.
5. Plastic and Polymer Composite Fabrication Processes.
6. Selection of Plastic/Polymeric Materials.
7. Ceramics, Cermets, Glass, and Carbon Products.
8. Steel Products.
9. Heat Treatment of Steels.
10. Carbon and Alloy Steels.
11. Tool Steels.
13. Stainless Steels.
14. Cast Iron, Cast Steel, and Powder Metallurgy Materials.
15. Copper and Its Alloys.
16. Aluminum and Its Alloys.
17. Nickel, Zinc, Titanium, Magnesium, and Special Use Metals.
18. Surface Engineering.
19. The Selection Process.
20. Failure Prevention.
Appendix 1: Listing of Selected World Wide Web Sites Relating to Engineering Materials.
Appendix 2: Properties of Selected Engineering Materials.