1. Before and After the Reformation: Survivors and Successors
2. After Emancipation: New Churches for a `New People'
3. Pugin and his Followers:
4. The Great Catholic Revival: Consolidation and Expansion
5. Alternatives to Gothic
6. `Twilight Saints and Dim Emblazonings': The Late Goths
7. Abbeys, Schools and Seminaries: The Return of the Monks
8. The Architecture of Change: Arts and Crafts and a Return to Byzantium
9. `Behold, I make all things new': Liturgical and Architectural Revolution
"Spectacularly illustrated" / "This lavish picture book will be a fillip to those who both use and study this Catholic patrimony" Sacred Architecture Journal Issue 14 Autumn 2008 "It is beautifully produced, with stunning colour photographs, and covers an amazing range of buildings, in stylistic variation, geographical location and time span. It has fully deserved the accolades which followed its publication." / "the quality of the photography by Alex Ramsey is outstanding and the richness of illustration one of the glories of the entire volume" Ancient monuments Society Vol 52 2008.