I. HOTEL AND MOTEL DEVELOPMENT. 1. The History of the Hospitality
2. Types of Hotels.
3. Corporate Structures and Concepts of Operation.
4. Feasibility Determination.
II. HOTEL MANAGEMENT. 5. Hotel Structure and Staff.
6. The Human Resources Department.
7. Reservations: Systems and Operations.
8. Sales and Marketing.
III. HOTEL OPERATIONS. 9. The Front Office.
10. Food and Beverage Preparation and Service.
14. Other Departments and Sources of Income.
IV. HOTEL ACCOUNTING AND CONTROLS. 16. The Organization of Accounting and the Uniform System.
17. Accounts Receivable and City Ledger.
18. Income Control.
19. Food and Beverage Cost Control.
21. Accounts Payable.
23. Other Responsibilities of the Accounting Department Including Financial Statements.
V. THE FUTURE OF THE INDUSTRY. 24. Franchising.
26. Health Spas.
27. Trends in the Industry.