Each article includes:
- Quick Facts: summarizes important facts
- Overview: briefly introduces duties and responsibilities
- History: describes the history of the job in relation to the industry or field
- The Job: describes primary and secondary duties
- Requirements: discusses high school and post-secondary education and training as well as any necessary certification or licensing and personal requirements for success
- Exploring: offers suggestions on how to gain experience and knowledge in a field before making firm educational and financial commitments
- Employers: gives an overview of typical places of employment
- Starting Out: suggests the best ways to land a first job
- Advancement: presents an expected career path and how to get on it
- Earnings: lists salary ranges and typical fringe benefits
- Work Environment: looks at the work conditions and surroundings associated with a certain job
- Outlook: summarizes the job's potential growth or decline in terms of the general economy and industry projections
- For More Information: lists organizations that provide career information.
"Teens mulling over college programs and career paths will find excellent resources in these comprehensive guides...excellent starting points for young people curious about the world of work."
Fishpond works with suppliers all over the world to bring you a huge selection of products, really great prices, and delivery included on over 25 million products that we sell.
We do our best every day to make Fishpond an awesome place for customers to shop and get what they want — all at the best prices online.
You can earn a 5%
commission by selling Internet (Ferguson's Careers in Focus)
on your website. It's easy to get started - we will give you example code.
After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
You should start right now!
Are you the Author or Publisher of a book? Or the manufacturer of one of the millions of products that we sell.
You can improve sales and grow your revenue by submitting additional information on this title.
The better the information we have about a product, the more we will sell!