If you've been bitten by the Doodle bug, then this is the only reference book you will ever need - and it makes a great gift for new and prospective owners. The Labradoodle Handbook
is the number one best-selling book on Labradoodles and Australian Labradoodles. It's the biggest, most up-to-date and in-depth book ever written about this engaging crossbreed.
If you are thinking of getting or already own one of these striking dogs, this book is a must. There is simply nothing else with so much practical information dedicated entirely to the Labradoodle. This 236-page manual is packed full of invaluable insight on how to pick the right Labradooodle for you and your family and then how to care for, feed and train your Doodle.
The Handbook is the product of considerable research and liaison with major Labradoodle organisations. It separates the fact from the fiction to guide you through the pitfalls. Journalist and specialist canine author Linda Whitwam has written the book in an easy-to-read style suitable for anybody aged 10 to 100.
The Labradoodle Handbook will help you to select a good breeder, then the puppy with the right temperament, and finally how to care for your Labradoodle throughout his or her life. It provides answers to the most frequently-asked questions from Labradoodle owners and tells you:
- How to pick the right puppy
- The difference between a Labradoodle and an Australian Labradoodle
- What the F numbers mean - and the Bs
- Housetraining, crate training and basic obedience training
- How likely your Labradoodle is to shed
- Labradoodles' suitability for allergy sufferers
- How much, how often & what type of food to feed
- How much exercise they need
- How long you can leave your Doodle alone
- How and how often to bathe and groom
- Temperament & behaviour
- Whether & when to spay or neuter
- What to feed a Labradoodle with allergies
- Labradoodle skin conditions
- Labradoodles' suitability with children
- Different types and colours of Labradoodle coats
- Where to find a rescue Doodle
The answers to these & dozens of other questions are all are at your fingertips. The Handbook covers the most common ailments affecting Labradoodles & how to tell if all is not well. You might not know it, but your dog CAN talk to you. A change in your dog's behaviour or habits can be a sign that something is amiss. The Labradoodle Handbook has dozens of pages dedicated to health. Learn to spot:
- The Top 10 Signs of a Healthy Dog
- The 4 Vital Signs of Illness
Recognising symptoms of ill health early on and taking swift action can improve your Labradoodle's chances of a good outcome. If you're lucky, you could even prevent a chronic condition from developing & save a fortune in long-term veterinary bills. Other advice to help you & your Labradoodle enjoy a happy and healthy life together includes -
- Top 12 Tips for Selecting a Healthy Puppy
- The 10 Essential Questions to Ask a Breeder
- Top 12 Tips for Feeding Your Labradoodle
- Top 14 Tips for Training Your Labradoodle
There's feeding charts for puppies, adults & seniors, info on behaviour and character traits, true stories & even a Labradoodle quiz.
Too many Doodles end up in rescue centres. Picking the right Labradoodle for you and your family, and then knowing how to care for him or her properly, is the is the best way of ensuring many years of joy with this strikingly-handsome, lovable and loyal canine.