1. The Spoils of Victory: 1975-1976
2. Callaghan: The Lapsed Heretic: 1976
3. The Problematic Presidency and Old Wounds Reopened: 1977
4. Britain, France and Germany: The End of the Affair: 1977-1979
5. The Tiger Unleashed: May 1979- May 1980
6. Uneasy Truce: 1980-1981
7. Conflict: 1982-1983
8. Thatcher Victorix?: 1983-1984
9. Thatcherism on a European Scale: The Single Market, 1984-1985
Stephen Wall is a former British Ambassador to the EU and the Official Historian of Britain's membership of the European Community.
"This is a useful addition to the existing literature on Britain and Europe. Such is the richness of the material, and the thoroughness of Wall s account, that this is a book that will prove essential reading for anyone working on the troubled history of Britain s attitude towards Europe. There is also plenty here for those more interested in the present and the future, but still sensitive to the importance and relevance of contemporary history." - N. Piers Ludlow, International Affairs, Vol. 88, 6, November 2012"