2. After the Act of Emancipation: the position of Catholics in England in the Victorian era
3. Abjection and Catholicism: the dynamic of revulsion and attraction in Protestant depictions of
4. Perverts to Rome: Catholicism as a threat to gender roles and the Protestant family
5. The uncanny: the familiarity of Roman Catholicism and the foreignness of Anglo-Catholicism
6. Liberty and progress or authority and respect: the conflict of values in the historical novel
Monika Mazurek is a Professor of English Literature at the Pedagogical University in Krakow, Poland.