Part One: Thirteenth Century Challenges:
1. The Origins of the Sicilian Kingdom.
2. The Emergence of Aragon-Catalonia.
3.The Rise and Fall of Charles of Anjou.
4. Politics and Religion in the Era of Ramon Llull.
Part Two: Fourteenth Century Crises
5. The Mediterranean in the Age of James II of Aragon.
6. Robert the Wise of Naples 1309-43.
7. Sicily and Southern Italy in the Age of Disorder.
8. The End of the House of Barcelona.
Part Three: Fifteenth Century Victories
9. Alfonso the Magnanimous and the Fall of the House of Anjou.
10. Aragon in Italy and Spain 1458-94.
11. The French Invasion of Italy 1494-95.
David Abulafia is Professor of Mediterranean History at Cambridge University.