The first five movies from the popular action adventure franchise. In 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' (2003), when Elizabeth (Keira Knightley), the daughter of Governor Swann (Jonathan Pryce), is kidnapped by Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and his band of pirates, lovelorn Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) goes to her rescue. Needing help to get on board the pirates' ship, Will enlists eccentric captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) and quickly sets off in pursuit. However, with the crew of the Black Pearl cursed to spend their time between the living and the dead and only the blood of Elizabeth able to lift the spell, the pair face a race against time to overcome the undead crew and rescue her before it's too late. In 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' (2006), once again thrown into the world of the supernatural, Jack finds out that he owes a blood debt to the legendary Davy Jones (Bill Nighy), Captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. With time running out, Jack must find a way out of his debt or else be doomed to eternal damnation and servitude in the afterlife. But Jack will not give in without a fight, which is especially bad news for Will and Elizabeth, who get caught up in Jack's mishaps. If Jack can't find a way to rid himself of Davy Jones once and for all, it may just spell the end for the three adventurers. In 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' (2007) after Elizabeth, Will and Captain Barbossa rescue Captain Jack from the land of the dead, they must once again face their foes Davy Jones and Lord Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander). Beckett, now with control of Jones' heart, forms a dark alliance with him in order to rule the seas and wipe out the last of the pirates. Jack, Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, Obeah witch Tia Dalma (Naomie Harris) and the rest of the crew must call the pirate lords, including the infamous Sao Feng (Yun-Fat Chow), and come together to make one final stand for freedom. In 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' (2011) Jack is enticed aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge - the ship of fearsome pirate and Jack's arch-nemesis Blackbeard (Ian McShane) - by a past love, Angelica (Penélope Cruz). He soon finds himself on an unexpected journey to the fabled Fountain of Youth, but is the beautiful and seductive Angelica all she appears to be? Finally, in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge' (2017) merciless ghost pirate Capitán Salazar (Javier Bardem) leads his crew of undead warriors on a mission to find the much sought-after Trident of Poseidon. With the wielder able to take total control of the world's oceans, Salazar hopes to use the ancient and powerful artefact to kill every pirate at sea, and in the process, take care of his former rival Captain Jack once and for all. Upon learning of the terrifying threat now hunting him, Captain Jack must once again gather together the hardy crew of the Black Pearl and lead his men into yet another deadly battle for survival.
: The Disney theme park ride
- Languages(s): 1: English, 2&3: English, Audio Description
- Hard of Hearing Subtitles: English
- Subtitles: 'Curse of the Black Pearl': English. 'Dead Man's Chest': English. 'At World's End': Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, Hindi, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish. 'On Stranger Tides': Danish, Dutch, English, French, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish. 'Salazar's Revenge': Danish, English, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Portuguese, Castillan Spanish, Swedish.
- Interactive Menu
- Screen ratio 1:2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0
- Bonus Footage
- Commentary: 'Curse of the Black Pearl': Film-maker commentary. 'Dead Man's Chest': Audio commentary with screenwriters
- Documentaries: 'Curse of the Black Pearl': 'Scoundrels of the Sea: Piecing Together the Treasured Past of Pirates'
- 'Lego Pirates of the Caribbean' shorts; Discover Blu-ray 3D with Timon and Pumbaa