Elsewhere $18.56 $14.95 Save 19%
Free shipping Australia wide
Order Now for Christmas with e-Gift
- Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Carl Radle (vocals, bass); Jamie Oldaker (vocals, drums, percussion); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards); Benny Gallagher, Graham Lyle (background vocals).
- All tracks have been digitally remastered.
- Personnel: Eric Clapton (guitar, vocals); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards); Carl Radle (bass, vocals); Jamie Oldaker (drums, percussion, vocals); Benny Gallagher, Graham Lyle (background vocals).
- Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Carl Radle (vocals, bass guitar); Jamie Oldaker (vocals, drums, percussion); Graham Lyle, Benny Gallagher (vocals, background vocals); Marcy Levy (vocals); George Terry (guitar); Dick Sims (keyboards).
- Photographers: Andy Seymour; Rob Fraboni.
- Unknown Contributor Role: Roger Forrester.
- Arranger: Eric Clapton.
- Following the platinum success of SLOWHAND, BACKLESS continued Eric Clapton's transformation into a singer/songwriter with better-than-average chops after a lifetime of guitar godhood. Eschewing the star-studded cameos of NO REASON TO CRY, Clapton instead relied on his core group of the '70s: George Terry, Carl Radle, Jamie Oldaker, Dick Simms and Marcy Levy. Levy in particular, proved her worth by co-writing the slide-drenched "Roll It" with Slowhand. Her passionate testifying on this as well as her sparkling harmonies on the Don Williams-influenced "Promises" made up for fellow back-up singer Yvonne Elliman's departure following SLOWHAND's release.
- Clapton's choice of composers to cover included Dylan ("Walk Out In The Rain," "If I Don't Be There By Morning"), J.J. Cale ("I'll Make Love To You Anytime") and Okie Danny Flowers ("Tulsa Time"). In addition, Slowhand added a nearly eight-minute interpretation of the blues standard "Early In The Morning" that finds him milking his mojo for all its worth. But it's E.C.'s original compositions that particularly stand out, such as the funky shuffle that is "Watch Out For Lucy" and the Band-flavored "Golden Ring."
Professional ReviewsCMJ (1/5/04, p.6) - Ranked #1 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1979".
|Format:||CD (1 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||26 May, 1997|
|Guest Artist: ||Marcy Levy; Graham Lyle; Benny Gallagher|
1. No Track Listing Available
Tell a friend
This is perhaps not his best work, and the first part of the album is fairly forgettable. When you hit tracks with 'morning' in the title, then you are talking. Especially Early in the morning is a great, rambling blues number.
Promises is sweet, and the record ends on a high note with the rollicking Tulsa Time. Reasonably coherent this release, but you could probably find the better songs on something like Crossroads, if that is all you wanted.
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Backless [Remaster] on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.