1. Give A Little Bit
2. Lover Boy
3. Even In The Quietest Moments
6. From Now On
7. Fool's Overture
- Supertramp: Roger Hodgson (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Rick Davies (vocals, keyboards); John Anthony (vocals, winds); Dougie Thomason (bass); Bob C. Benberg (drums, percussion).
- Producer: Supertramp.
- Reissue producers: Bill Levenson, Beth Stempel.
- Recorded at Caribou Ranch, Colorado and The Record Plant, Los Angeles, California.
- All tracks have been digitally remastered.
- While there had been McCartney-esque pop elements in Supertramp's accessible brand of art-rock from the beginning, EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS represents a definitive shift from proggier tendencies towards a more commercial approach. Coming as it did before the band's major commercial breakthrough, BREAKFAST IN AMERICA, it foreshadows that album's straightforward pop-rock approach, while still retaining a touch of the early artiness.
- While "Fool's Overture" has a bit of the weightiness one ordinarily associates with 1970s prog, the fragile, contemplative title track and "From Now On" betray a fondness for the softer side of '60s Britpop. "Give a Little Bit," which would become one of Supertramp's signature songs, is a sunny, acoustic-guitar-driven tune that would sound at home alongside almost any '70s Los Angeles folk-rock act. The band's big crossover was just around the corner, but all the earmarks of their breakout can be heard here.