0602498660898. Stock Quantity
1. How To Be Dead
3. Gleaming Auction
4. Whatever's Left
5. Spitting Games
8. Grazed Knees
9. Ways And Means
10. Tiny Little Fractures
11. Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking
13. We Can Run Away Now They're All Dead And Gone (UK Bonus Trk)
14. Half The Fun (UK Bonus Trk)
- English version.
- CD contains 2 bonus tracks.
- Scotland's Snow Patrol formed in the mid-1990s, united by a love for both American and British alternative rock. Led by singer/guitarist Gary Lightbody, the band recorded two albums for the revered Jeepster label (home of Belle & Sebastian) before signing with A&M Records. FINAL STRAW, the group's major-label debut, finds Snow Patrol expanding its indie-rock guitar-based sound with greater focus on keyboards, strings, and fuller production values (courtesy of Garret Lee). Lightbody's charming vocals and lyrics provide the band's emotional center, as best evidenced on the wistful opener "How to Be Dead" and the slowly building "Run." Although Snow Patrol knows its way around quiet melancholy, the ensemble is also capable of rocking out ("Spitting Games," "Chocolate"), revealing an aesthetic that places the group squarely in the ranks of Coldplay, Travis, and other Britpop luminaries.
Spin (p.65) - Ranked #23 in Spin's "40 Best Albums of the Year" - "Feel-good Britpop for nonbelievers."
Spin (p.100) - "[A]rena-ready songs about long good-byes with right-angled guitar fuzz."
Entertainment Weekly (4/2/04, p.66) - "[FINAL STRAW] proves the Irish quartet keeps getting better....The band has added pulsing strings and staticky textures to its luscious mix." - Rating: A
Magnet (p.108) - "[A] soaring, super-polished album replete with dreamy anthems, superior pop moments....All in all, pretty crafty. And pretty smart."