Hold Your Fire [Remaster]
Free shipping Australia wide
Order Now for Christmas with e-Gift
Rush - Hold Your Fire [CD]
- Rush - Hold Your Fire [CD]
- Rush: Geddy Lee (vocals, synthesizers, bass pedals, bass); Alex Lifeson (acoustic & electric guitars); Neil Peart (drums, acoustic & electric percussion).
- Additional personnel includes: Stephen Margoshes, Andrew Jackman (conductor); Aimee Mann (vocals); Andy Richards (keyboards, programming); Jim Burgess (programming); The William Faerey Engineering Brass Band.
- Recorded between January & April 1987.
- Personnel: Geddy Lee (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, bass guitar); Aimee Mann (vocals); Alex Lifeson (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Williams Fairey Brass Band (horns); Andy Richards (keyboards, synthesizer); Jim Burgess (synthesizer); Neil Peart (drums, percussion, electronic percussion).
- Recording information: Air Studios, Montserrat (01/1987-04/1987); Lerxst Mobile (01/1987-04/1987); M (01/1987-04/1987); Manor, Oxfordshire, England (01/1987-04/1987); McClear Place, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (01/1987-04/1987); Ridge Farm Studio, Surrey, England (01/1987-04/1987).
- Photographer: Glenn Wexler.
- Unknown Contributor Roles: William Faery Engineering Brass Band; Williams Fairey Brass Band; Scott Alexander.
- Arrangers: Peter Collins ; Rush; Andrew Jackman.
- Continuing their trend that began with GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, Rush turned in a glossy, keyboard-driven record with 1987's HOLD YOUR FIRE. Like the previous album, POWER WINDOWS, this one was co-produced by Peter Collins, resulting in a collection of very pop-friendly songs but with the trio's signature complex arrangements and intelligent lyrics. The most dramatic difference with FIRE is the inclusion of an outside guest vocalist on "Time Stand Still" in the person of rocker Aimee Mann.
- This period of Rush's career often came under fire from many longtime fans, who felt the band had exchanged their heavier, fantasy/sci-fi style of the '70s for a flashier, synthesizer-infused sound in hopes of gaining more radio airplay. However, it is the band's traditions of artful lyric writing coupled with intricate musical soundscapes that shine through the glistening digital textures. Standout examples of such include the opening "Force Ten," "Prime Mover" and the driving "Turn The Page." Soon, the trio would grow out of this period and strike a musical balance between the new digital technology and their original guitar-oriented sound.
|Producer:||Peter Collins; Rush|
|Format:||CD (1 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||28 July, 1997|
|Guest Artist: ||Aimee Mann|
1. No Track Listing Available
Tell a friend
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Hold Your Fire [Remaster] on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.