Elsewhere $14.58 $11.85 Save 19%
Free shipping Australia wide
Order Now for Christmas with e-Gift
- INCESTICIDE is a compilation of material recorded for the John Peel Sessions, rare singles from Nirvana's tenure with Sub Pop, and previously-unreleased tracks.
- Nirvana: Kurt Cobain (vocals, guitar); Chris Novoselic (vocals, bass); David Grohl (vocals, drums).
- Producers include: Jack Endino, Steve Fisk, Miti Adhikari, Dale Griffin.
- Engineers include: M. Engles, F. Kay, John Taylor.
- Includes liner notes by Kurt Cobain.
- All songs written by members of Nirvana except "Turnaround" (Mark Mothersbaugh/Gerald V. Casale), "Molly's Lips" and "Son Of A Gun" (Eugene Kelly/Francis McKee).
- Personnel: Kurt Cobain (vocals, guitar); Dave Grohl, Chad Channing (drums).
- Photographer: Charles Peterson .
- Unknown Contributor Roles: Krist Novoselic; Dale Crover; Dan Peters; Dave Grohl; Chad Channing; Kurt Cobain.
- More than just a b-sides collection, INCESTICIDE culls together Nirvana's work before and around their now-legendary albums. Released between the groundbreaking NEVERMIND and the artsier IN UTERO, the rarities and outtakes which make up this album shed new light on Nirvana's oeuvre, filling in the gaps between official releases and providing fans with a wider variety of recordings from different sources.
- Highlights include three covers, taken from John Peel sessions: a Devo tune ("Turnaround") and two songs by Scotland's The Vaselines, whose purposefully vapid pop magic is given the force of a juggernaut, with the minimal production that best showcases the Nirvana's aggressive grace. The famous quasi-live recording conditions of the BBC sessions provide another standout, the surging, desperate "Aneurysm," which remains one of Nirvana's finest recorded moments.
Professional ReviewsRolling Stone (1/21/93, p.48) - 3 Stars - Good - "...Nirvana was a great band before NEVERMIND topped the charts. INCESTICIDE is a reminder of that..."
Spin (3/93, p.22) - "...The stellar collection of old and new, borrowed and blue will thrill Nirvana fans that don't already own this stuff on bootleg..."
Entertainment Weekly (12/18/92, p.58) - "...you can tell a great band by its junk. And by those standards, Nirvana remains a great band..." - Rating: B
Q (1/93, p.100) - 3 Stars - Good - "...short, melody-driven songs which belt past with brisk, uncomplicated glee....a fascinating insight into what makes the band tick....a must for fans..."
Alternative Press (3/93, p.54) - "...In that it takes the edge off an increasingly surreal collectors' market, INCESTICIDE blazes with an uncommon passion, and is a laudable effort to boot..."
Musician (1/93, p.89) - "...With INCESTICIDE Cobain has called up the ghost of the old, pre-famous Nirvana and asked it to go out and face the world when he cannot..."
NME (Magazine) (12/12/93, p.29) - "...Between the recording of BLEACH in 1988 and NEVERMIND in 1991, a helluva lot happened and here, thanks to the inclusion of the 1990 Peel covers session, a few mysteries about their metamorphosis in style are laid out for a proper look...."
|Format:||CD (1 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||10 November, 2007|
Tell a friend
Another great album from one of the best and most influential bands in history. Consisting of some of their best songs, this is definitely one of their best. I enjoyed the majority of the tracks on here, but felt some were lacking. In spite of this is still a must have album to any Nirvana fan and for the great price you can’t go wrong
A very good album that sounds a lot like an album of bsides and rarities or something. i still own this record from when i bought it as a teenager. is it as good as there other records well no but since kurt is dead theres never going to be a sound like this ever again. So buy it for aneurysm, sliver, been a son and the cover songs, not the worst album you could ever buy.
incesticide is a wicked album by nirvana, this is a must have for all fans if they do not already own this classic. it can be bought simply for the song sliver, its a favourite of mine and it's just amazing. there are many other great songs on here like Aneurysm and been a son. this is a great album, its awesome.
yet again another fantastic album from nirvana, which they always provided, due to the immense skill of band members kurt cobain etc. some really great tracks on here, the high point of rock back in the day. these guys are amazing to listen to, what a shame they couldnt make more music. Big Long Now is my fave track on here.
incestiside is a nirvana classic, it's definatley a muct have album for any cd collection. such nirvan classics like sliver, been a son, Aneurysm and polly are on this album along with many unreleased songs that are just as good. nirvana never failed to release a great and well-recieved album, and insesticide is no exception. buy it.
I love this album purely because of the covers that show the excellence of the band and the wide range they can pull off. Kurt has amazing vocals which are complemented greatly by Krist (bass) and Dave (drums). They were an overall awesome band, this album is a must for any collection
A selection of b-sides and cover songs here by grunge band Nirvana. Some really good covers here that sound amazing kurt as the vocalist. This album is a good edition to a Nirvana fans collection, this dissapointed alot of people. One of their best Rest In peace Kurt Cobain.
When Nevermind exploded and Nirvana were suddenly the hotest thing in music, the record company wanted another album for quick release. However, the band needed more time. This was their compromise. A collection of B- sides and cover songs thrown together for immeadiate release. Don't let that put you off though, as this band has the ability to give any collection of songs a sense of emotional and conceptual continuity. The opening tracks are some of the bands best and the cover songs chosen give an indication of where this band came from musically.
The only gripe with this album is that some of the songs thrown on the end are below Kurt's usual standard.
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Incesticide on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.