- Thin Lizzy: Phil Lynott (vocals, bass); Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson (guitar); Brian Downey (drums).
- Personnel: Brian Robertson (vocals, guitar); Phil Lynott (vocals, acoustic guitar); Scott Gorham (guitar); Brian Downey (drums, percussion).
- Audio Remasterers: Matt Wortham; Andy Pearce.
- Audio Remixer: Ronan McHugh.
- Liner Note Author: Derek Oliver.
- Recording information: Ramport Studios, London.
- Photographers: Gary Hart; Barry Plummer; Peter Nielsen.
- Thin Lizzy were not true heavy metal perpetrators; more accurately, out-and-out rockers with a feeling for pop. The late Phil Lynott has a growing core of younger fans, as word is passed down that even though he had his demons he was an outstanding performer. This is their best studio album and it contains two classics; "The Boys Are Back In Town" and the title track. Both spit and crackle, bass and lead guitar burst out of the speaker at loud volume, and throughout, the gentle, laconic voice of Lynott delivers his poetry. Don't allow his death to see Thin Lizzy fade from the memory.
Rolling Stone (p.74) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "The title blast, the hit single 'The Boys Are Back in Town' and the riff-warrior battle 'Emerald' are Lynott and Lizzy at their swaggering peak..."
Spin (p.80) - "[F]rontman Phil Lynott was a nonpareil figure...delivering dexterous Allman Brothers guitar harmonies with Kiss-like swagger."
Record Collector (magazine) (p.96) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "JAILBREAK broke the band internationally and, as such, is packed with classics..."