- Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi (vocals, guitar); Richie Sambora (guitar); David Bryan, Tico Torres, Alec John Such.
- Digitally remastered using 20-bit technology by George Marino (1998, Sterling Sound, New York, New York).
- Audio Mixers: Bob Rock; Randy Staub .
- Audio Remasterer: George Marino.
- Liner Note Authors: Ilene Schreibman; David Wild.
- Recording information: Little Mountain Studios Ltd.
- Photographers: Mark Weiss; Ross Halfin; Caroline Greyshock; Anton Corbijn.
- When KEEP THE FAITH was released in 1992, it had been four years since the commercial success of NEW JERSEY. Times and tastes had changed, with bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam stealing the spotlight. KEEP THE FAITH reflects the change, as the straight-ahead, Springsteenish rock of past efforts gave way to the more adult-contemporary sound; they even cut their hair!
- "I Believe" is a rocker about looking inward for salvation. "Keep the Faith" holds up to the band's earlier material in hard-rocking style. "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" (co-written by Desmond Child before he was "Livin' La Vida Loca") is about making every minute count. "In These Arms" is another standout track, and sounds the most like the pop material on NEW JERSEY. "Bed of Roses" is an excellent ballad featuring guitarist Richie Sambora on background vocals. The band takes a stab at a rock epic with the 10-minute "Dry County." "Little Bit of Soul" is just that--a gritty, bluesy number about not giving up. While KEEP THE FAITH is quite different from the band's early days, it shows that the Garden State rockers weren't content to be mired in a sound from 1986. Mature, good-time rock & roll.
Spin (1/93, p.65) - Recommended - "...a beat-happy record...Very chunky..."
Q (12/92, p.117) - 3 Stars - Good - "...a series of immensely likeable anthems..."