Elsewhere $45.49 $34.95 Save $10.54 (23%)
Free shipping Australia wide
Order now for Christmas delivery
Lemonade Mouth is the Disney Channel movie taking the USA by Storm! Set to premiere in NZ Disney Channel schedules the week of May 21st this is one movie the kids will be talking about in the playground on Monday.
What's it all about Elfie?
Lemonade Mouth is essentially the Breakfast Club for the Disney Generation. And we all know how awesome that movie was.
Based on the book by Mark Peter Hughes, Lemonade Mouth tells the story of five alienated high school students who ultimately form a powerhouse band. After meeting in detention (Breakfast Club anybody?) they realise their shared passion for music and belief that it's time for their fellow students to stand up and be heard. They start a band -- Lemonade Mouth! -- that soon resonates with students sidelined by the school elite. However, not everyone is ready to cheer them on, especially since the popular rock band Mudslide Crush is determined to maintain headline status and win the coveted Rising Star music competition at Mesa High
What about the music?
The music is obviously a major part of the movie given it's all about, erm, music and the power thereof. Cue, major power ballads!
The soundtrack features nine original songs spanning hip-hop, rock and pop/rock performed by the stars of the film. In fact, three raps were written by dreamy 18-year-old Adam Hicks (the first cast member to write a song performed in a Disney Channel Original Movie!) a rising star on the Disney music scene. Two outstanding tracks making waves on the USA charts include Somebody sung by Bridgit Mendler (a moving, hope-filled power ballad) and Determinate (an up-tempo dance track) which was performed by the cast on recent TV promo appearances for the movie.
1. Turn Up the Music - Adam Hicks, Bridgit Mendler, Naomi Scott, Hayley Kiyoko, Blake Michael
2. Somebody - Bridgit Mendler
3. And the Crowd Goes - Chris Brochu
4. Determinate - Adam Hicks, Bridgit Mendler, Naomi Scott, Hayley Kiyoko
5. Here We Go - Adam Hicks, Bridgit Mendler, Hayley Kiyoko
6. She's So Gone - Naomi Scott
7. More Than a Band - Bridgit Mendler, Naomi Scott, Hayley Kiyoko, Blake Michael, Adam Hicks
8. Don't Ya Wish U Were Us? - Chris Brochu
9. Breakthrough - Adam Hicks, Bridgit Mendler, Naomi Scott, Hayley Kiyoko
10. Livin' On a High Wire - Adam Hicks, Bridgit Mendler, Naomi Scott
- Based on author Mark Peter Hughes' 2007 novel of the same name, Disney's Lemonade Mouth follows the exploits of five disgruntled Rhode Island teens who bond during a stint in detention and end up starting a band -- it's kind of like The Breakfast Club with a battle of the bands at the end. With 11 original songs that span teen pop, punk-pop, hip-hop, and rock, Lemonade Mouth (the band) tackle the usual teen subjects (self-esteem, standing by your friends in the face of adversity, following your dreams, being silly) and successfully blend the dewy-eyed romanticism of the Jonas Brothers and the quasi-rebellious angst of early Avril Lavigne, resulting in a winning, if not entirely original, collection of new High School Musical-inspired homeroom anthems. ~ James Christopher Monger
|Format:||CD (1 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||20 May, 2011|
Tell a friend
Brought this for my daughter and she loves it. I actually find it nice to listen to as well.
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Lemonade Mouth on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.