Look Of Love (Super Audio CD)
Free shipping Australia wide
Order now for Christmas delivery
- Personnel includes: Diana Krall (vocals, piano); Claus Ogerman (arranger, conductor); Russell Malone, Romero Lubambo, John Pisano, Dori Caymmi (guitar); Christian McBride (bass); Peter Erskine, Jeff Hamilton (drums); Paulinho Da Costa, Luis Conte (percussion).
- Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, New York from Januray 22-27, 2001 and Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California on June 3 & 4, 2001.
- THE LOOK OF LOVE won the 2002 Grammy Award For Best Engineered Album.
- This is a hybrid Super Audio CD playable on both regular and Super Audio CD players.
- While there's no denying that jazz-pop star Diana Krall's movie-star good looks went a long way toward endearing her to mainstream America, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Just as undeniable are Krall's gifts as a pianist and singer. Far from a crass populist, she's a subtle, nuanced performer who approaches her craft with an excess of skill and knowledge. This is apparent from the very beginning of THE LOOK OF LOVE, when Krall tackles the overly familiar Gershwin chestnut "S'Wonderful" not the way countless jazz singers have done in preceding decades, but in a style influenced by Joao Gilberto, who recorded the tune years before in a simmering bossa nova mode. This marriage of canny craft and artistic inspiration is repeated again and again throughout the album. Most of the songs here have been trotted out countless times by Krall's contemporaries and (especially) predecessors, but her thoughtful phrasing and low-key dynamic shifts match her unhurried, pastel piano style on each tune to bring out something special at the song's core.
Professional ReviewsEntertainment Weekly (9/21/01, p.82) - "...The most romantic vocalizing she's ever done, the set benefits from the soft, subtle string backgrounds of legendary German orchestrator Claus Ogerman..." - Rating: A-
Down Beat (1/02, p.66) - 3 stars out of 5 - "...A clear success..."
JazzTimes (05/03, p.161) - "...THE LOOK OF LOVE is extravagantly lush, with endless velvet depths of violins..."
|Format:||CD (0 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||3 November, 2003|
|Guest Artist: ||Claus Ogerman; Christian McBride; Peter Erskine; John Pisano|
Tell a friend
The first taste I hot from Diana Krall, I highly reccomend this to anybody looking for some unique jazz music.
2. Love Letters
3. I Remember You
4. Cry Me A River
5. Besame Mucho
6. The Night We Called It a Day
7. Dancing In The Dark
8. I Get Along Without You Very Well
9. The Look Of Love
10. Maybe You'll Be There
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Look Of Love (Super Audio CD) on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond.com, Inc.