Nobody's Daughter [Explicit] [Explicit]
Elsewhere $24.99 $19.97 Save 20%
Free shipping Australia wide
Order now for Christmas delivery
Hurry - Only 2 left in stock!
No other rocker's return to the front-line has been more feverishly anticipated in 2010 than
Courtney Love's, as the legendary singer, songwriter, producer, and actress prepares for the
arrival of Nobody's Daughter, the brand new album by Hole.
"This record is about greed, vengeance and feminism," says Courtney Love of her ragged
new rock songs.
Nobody's Daughter is the first album by Hole in more than a decade (since 1998's three-time
Grammy-nominated Celebrity Skin). It also marks Courtney's first record since her solo
album America's Sweetheart of 2004.
1. Nobody's Daughter
2. Skinny Little Bitch [Explicit]
4. Pacific Coast Highway
5. Samantha [Explicit]
6. Someone Else's Bed
7. For Once In Your Life
8. Letter To God
9. Loser Dust [Explicit]
10. How Dirty Girls Get Clean
11. Never Go Hungry
- Personnel: Courtney Love (vocals, guitar); Linda Perry (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Micko Larkin (guitar); Peter Thorn (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Damon Fox (piano); Stuart Fisher, Jack Irons , Kellii Scott (drums).
- Audio Mixers: Andy Brohard; D. Sardy.
- Recording information: Electric Lady Studios; Henson Studios; Kung Fu Gardens, North Hollywood, CA.
- Photographer: Bennett Miller.
- Years in the making and featuring a cast of collaborators including Linda Perry, Billy Corgan, and former Larrikin Love guitarist Micko Larkin, Nobody's Daughter finds Courtney Love reviving the Hole name with a set of raw and vulnerable songs. The single "Skinny Little Bitch" sets the tone for the rest of the album.
Professional ReviewsRolling Stone (p.101) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "The songs are sturdy...with acoustic power chords chugging through standouts like 'Samantha' and 'Pacific Coast Highway.'"
Spin - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Love's resurrection is very real....It's obvious that her collaborators -- Billy Corgan, producer Michael Beinhorn -- come from the frisky CELEBRITY SKIN era."
Billboard (p.32) - "Love displays surprising range as a songwriter....The band utilizes a large palette of influences on NOBODY'S DAUGHTER..."
Kerrang (Magazine) (p.50) - "[T]he focus throughout is simply on great songs, all of which are delivered with intensity and emotion in Courtney Love's timeless, inimitable style."
|Format:||CD (1 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||30 April, 2010|