- Balkan Beat Box: Itamer Ziegler, Ben Handler (bass guitar); Jeremiah Lockwood, Uri Brauner Kinrot, Peter Hess, Eyal Talmudi, Ori Kaplan, Tamir Muskat, Tomer Yosef.
- Personnel: Tomer Yosef (vocals, percussion, sampler); Gilber Gilmore, Dessislava Stefanova (vocals); Itamar Ziegler (guitar, percussion); Jeremiah Lockwood, Uri Brauner Kinrot (guitar); Ori Kaplan (woodwinds, saxophone); Peter Hess, Eyal Talmudi (saxophone); Ben Holmes (trumpet, flugelhorn); Dana Leong (trumpet, trombone); Ron Caswell (tuba); Tamir Muskat (drums, percussion, programming).
- Additional personnel: Gilber Bilmore, DUNIA (vocals); Vinny Sau (electric violin); Michael Nikolic (accordion); Ismail Lumanovski (clarinet); Lance Muncan (keyboards); Ben Holmes, Ron Caswell, Dana Leong, Dessislava Stefanova.
- Audio Mixers: Tamir Muskat; Danny Shatzky.
- Recording information: Abarbanel Studio, Balcasio.
- Photographer: Aaron Bisman.
- International sound fusionists Balkan Beat Box work more of their energetic, hybrid magic on their sophomore release, NU MED. There are plenty of Eastern European influences here, sure, but it's the elements of hip-hop, funk, electronica, R&B, reggae, and traditional brass-band sounds that makes the album a nonstop joy-ride of rhythmic and melodic surprises. By creating party music that blends every style under the sun, Balkan Beat Box makes the powerful, evergreen political statement that universal brotherhood is only as far away as one's ability to keep an open mind while grooving.
Spin (p.90) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]raditional Middle eastern instruments pair off with electronic beats, and the oompah-backed grooves are sultry..."
The Wire (p.59) - "[T]heir hearts remain in the right place, linking them to a lineage of skilled comedic musicians from 3 Mustaphas 3 to the Spike Jones revue shows of the 1950s."
Dirty Linen (p.76) - "Wacky and wonderful, silly and strange....BBB's unique sound fuses the traditional styles of Jewish, Mediterranean, and Balkan music with modern rap, hip hop, reggae, dub, acid, and electronica."
Global Rhythm (Publication) (p.42) - "Loaded with brassy oompah and no shortage of chutzpah, Balkan Beat Box bring back their unapologetic gypsyelectrofunkcircus on their sophomore release, NU MED."