Phil Collins Hits
Elsewhere $24.20 $17.00 Save $7.20 (30%)
Free shipping Australia wide
Order now for Christmas delivery
- Personnel includes: Phil Collins (vocals, keyboards, drums, tambourine, drum programming); Philip Bailey, David Crosby, Marilyn Martin, Amy Keys, Arnold McCuller (vocals); Dominic Miller, Daryl Stuermer, Michael Thompson, Michael Landau, Ronnie Caryl, Eric Clapton (guitar); L. Shankar (violin); Eric Rigler (Uileann pipes); Greg Phillinganes (piano, Wurlitzer piano); Peter Robinson
- (piano, vibraphone, glockenspiel); David Frank (keyboards, Mini-Moog synthesizer, bass, DMX); Babyface (keyboards, drum programming, background vocals); Nick Glennie-Smith, Rob Mousney, Lesette Wilson (keyboards); Nathan
- East, Leland Sklar, Cornelius Mims, John Giblin, Freddie Washington (bass); Sheila E.(percussion); Peter Gabriel, Sting, Marva King (background vocals).
- The Phoenix Horns: Don Myrick (saxophone); Michael Harris, Rhamlee Michael Davis (trumpet); Louis Satterfield (trombone).
- The Vine Street Horns: Andrew Woolfolk (saxophone); Harry Kim, Daniel Fornero (trumpet); Arturo Velasco (trombone).
- Producers include: Phil Collins, Hugh Padgham, Babyface, Lamont Dozier, Arif Mardin.
- In the early '80s, Collins took a break from the helm of Genesis to inaugurate a solo career that abandoned his group's art-rock agenda for a mainstream pop approach. In the ensuing years, the king of Nice Guy Pop established himself as one of the world's premier top 40 balladeers, as evidenced by the wall-to-wall hits that make up the balance of this appropriately titled collection. HITS walks the listener through the smooth, well-produced Collins hits that have worked their way into the collective consciousness of radio listeners (even casual ones) over the years. There are majestic power ballads ("I Wish It Would Rain") to light-hearted, infectious pop-funk ("Sussudio") and moody atmospheric pieces ("In the Air Tonight") HITS represents the full range of material this prolific performer has turned out over the course of his wildly successful career.
|Format:||CD (0 Disc)|
|Release Date:||11 December, 2000|
|Guest Artist: ||Peter Gabriel; Philip Bailey; Sting; David Crosby; Eric Clapton; Nathan East; Babyface; Helen Terry|
1. Another Day In Paradise
2. True Colours
3. Easy Lover
4. You Can't Hurry Love
5. Two Hearts
6. I Wish It Would Rain Down
7. Against All Odds
8. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
9. Separate Lives
10. Both Sides Of The Story
11. One More Night
13. Dance Into The Light
14. A Groovy Kind Of Love
15. In The Air Tonight
16. Take Me Home
Tell a friend
You are probbaly not going to get a better 1980s heavy compilation than this, and I say this in a good way. Phil Collins was everywhere back then, and however much he may never have been the critics' darling, he could always be counted on for a good song. And this album is full of them (the annoying "True Colours" cover aside). Just great song after great song.
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Phil Collins Hits on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.