Songs from the Road [Region 2]
Following the celebration of his 40th year as a Columbia artist in 2007 and coinciding with his induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in March 2008, Cohen thrilled his fans by announcing his first tour dates in 15 years.
Now, 12 of Leonard Cohen?s most famous songs from those recent world tour performances (auditorium halls, festivals, arenas and stadiums from Tel Aviv to London, from across Europe to the California desert and his native Canada) are now collected on ?Songs From The Road?.
The 12-song programme filmed in high definition and recorded in 5.1 surround sound comes in 3 formats, as a CD/DVD pack, DVD & blu-ray. As a bonus, the DVD and blu-ray configurations will include a 20 minute behind-the-scenes backstage interview with the individual band members ? with the interviews being conducted by Leonard?s daughter, Lorca Cohen.
?Songs From The Road? represents every decade of his life as a recording artist, from the 1960?s (Suzanne? from his 1967 debut, ?Songs Of Leonard Cohen?; ?Bird on the Wire? and his interpretation of ?The Partisan? both from his second album, 1969?s ?Song From A Room?) ? to the last decade (?That Don?t Make It Junk? from 2001?s ?Ten New Songs?).
1. Lover, Lover, Lover (Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel, September 24, 2009)
2. Bird On the Wire (Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, Scotland, November 6, 2008)
3. Chelsea Hotel (Royal Albert Hall, London, England, November 17, 2008)
4. Heart With No Companion (Oberhausen King Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen, Germany, November 2, 2008)
5. That Don?t Make it Junk (O2 Arena, London, England, November 13, 2008)
6. Waiting for the Miracle (HP Pavilion, San Jose, California, November 13, 2009)
7. Avalanche (Gothenburg Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 12, 2008)
8. Suzanne (MENA Arena, Manchester, England, November 30, 2008)
9. The Partisan (Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland, October 10, 2008)
10. Famous Blue Raincoat (O2 Arena, London, England, November 13, 2008)
11. Hallelujah (Coachella Music Festival, Indio, California, April 17, 2009)
12. Closing Time (John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario, May 24, 2009)