- Tenacious D: Kyle Gass (vocals, acoustic guitar); Jack Black (vocals, guitar).
- Additional personnel includes: David Grohl (guitar, drums, background vocals); Warren Fitzgerald, Ken Andrews (guitar); Woody Jackson (sitar); Andrew Gross (strings); Page McConnell (keyboards); Steve McDonald (bass); Alfredo Ortiz (percussion); John King (echoplex).
- Recorded at The Boat, Silverlake, California.
- Personnel: Jack Black (vocals, guitar); Kyle Gass (vocals, acoustic guitar); Warren Fitzgerald (electric guitar); Page McConnell (keyboards); Dave Grohl (drums).
- Audio Mixer: Ken Andrews.
- Recording information: ArchAngel Recording Studio; The Boat (PCP Labs), Silverlake, CA.
- Photographers: Sean Murphy ; Matthew Gass.
Rolling Stone (10/11/01, p.94) - 3.5 stars out of 5 - "...An angel-dustrial bong-water brew of Styx, Rush and Triumph, with a dollop of Journey, Kansas, loads of Zep and Sabbath, and a pinch of Black Oak Arkansas...Not since Bob and Doug McKenzie have two jokers nailed the clod-metal aesthetic so accurately..."
Entertainment Weekly (9/28/01, p.74) - "Hilarious, but no mere comedy record...attacking acoustic guitars with a metal band's intensity...They're profane, bursting with rage and lust, and they deliver more laughs than anyone since Richard Pryor..." - Rating: A
CMJ (9/17/01, p.5) - "...Packed with big dopey guitars and lyrics that are so god-awful they're almost brilliant....rock cliches are in full effect..."