2. Loved Ones
3. For A Bandaged Chair
4. Meeting Again For The First Time
5. A) The View From Here Is... B) A Brick Wall
6. The Realist
7. Zombies Are Good For Your Health
8. The Opinionated Are So Opinionated
9. Apathy Is A Cold Boy
10. Sounds Like The End Of The World
11. Pleasant Bullet
12. Crystal Lake
- Poison The Well: Jeff (vocals); Ryan, Derek (guitar); Geoff (bass); Chris (drums).
- Additional personnel: Klara Henricsson (spoken vocals); Sofia Henricsson (harmonica).
- Producers: Eskil Lovstrom, Pelle Henricsson.
- Recorded at Sound City, Van Nuys, California and Tonteknik Studios, Umea, Sweden.
- Grinding hardcore punk isn't all that Florida's Poison The Well has to offer. Their third full-length album is also their major-label debut, and while all the usual elements are in full effect here--slashing guitars, blitzkrieg vocals, apocalyptic lyrics--for every by-the-numbers instrumental gambit there's an unexpected twist.
- Whether it's the lyrical guitar interlude that occurs midway through "Loved Ones" or the fetching bass intro to "Meeting Again For the First Time," the business of Poison The Well is surprise. With YOU COME BEFORE YOU the band brings a fresh take to a genre not usually noted for its experimentation, and, extraordinarily for a major-label act, retains its sense of wonder to boot.
Alternative Press (8/03, p.89) - 4 out of 5 - "...It's an insanely ambitious metal masterwork by a band who've learned to mate their conflicting loves of Mastodon, Most Precious Blood, the Smiths and Sigur Ros..."
CMJ (07/07/03, p.24) - "...Truly greater than the sum of its parts....easily the fastest, most punk-style songs PTW has ever attempted..."