If you're a beginner photographer, this book can save you hundreds of dollars. If you're a seasoned pro, it can save you thousands. With access to over 20 HOURS of online video, this book helps you choose the best equipment for your budget and style of photography. In this book, award-winning author and photographer Tony Northrup explains explains what all your camera, flash, lens, and tripod features do, as well as which are worth paying for and which you can simply skip. Tony provides information specific to your style of photography, whether you're a casual photographer or you're serious about portraits, landscapes, sports, wildlife, weddings, or even macro. For the casual reader, Tony provides quick recommendations to allow you to get the best gear for your budget, without spending days researching. If you love camera gear, you'll be able to dive into 200 pages of detailed information covering Nikon, Canon, Sony, Micro Four-Thirds, Olympus, Samsung, Leica, Mamiya, Hasselblad, Fuji, Pentax, Tamron, Sigma, Yongnuo, PocketWizard, Phottix, Pixel King, and many other manufacturers. Camera technology changes fast, and this book keeps up. Tony updates this book several times per year, and buying the book gives you a lifetime subscription to the updated content. You'll always have an up-to-date reference on camera gear right at your fingertips. Here are just some of the topics covered in the book:
- What should my first camera be?
- Which lens should I buy?
- Should I buy Canon, Nikon, or Sony?
- Is a mirrorless camera or a DSLR better for me?
- Do I need a full frame camera?
- Is it safe to buy generic lenses and flashes?
- What's the best landscape photography gear?
- Which portrait lens and flash should I buy?
- What gear do I need to photograph a wedding?
- How can I get great wildlife shots on a budget?
- Which sports photography equipment should I purchase?
- Should I buy zooms or primes?
- Is image stabilization worth the extra cost?
- Which type of tripod should I buy?
- Which wireless flash system is the best for my budget?
- How can I save money by buying used?
- What kind of computer should I get for photo editing?
- What studio lighting equipment should I buy?
When you buy this book, you'll be able to immediately read the book online. You'll also be able to download it in PDF, .mobi, and .epub formats--every popular format for your computer, tablet, smartphone, or eReader!