1. Introduction to the Meaning and Need of Psychological Capital
2. Positive Organizational Behavior: Framework for Psychological Capital
3. PsyCap Efficacy: Confidence
4. PsyCap Hope: The Will and the Way
5. PsyCap Optimism: Realistic and Flexible
6. PsyCap Resiliency: Bouncing Back and Beyond
7. Potential PsyCap: Creativity, Flow, Mindfulness, Gratitude, and Forgiveness
8. Potential PsyCap: Emotional Intelligence, Spirituality, Authenticity, and Courage
9. Measurement and Development of PsyCap: Assessing the Return on Investment
10. A Roadmap for the Future
Fred Luthans, PhD, is University and Distinguished Professor at the
University of Nebraska, Lincoln. The former president of the
National Academy of Management and currently editor of three
journals, he is the author of several widely known books and over
200 academic articles. His teaching and consulting have taken him
all over the world.
Carolyn Youssef, PhD, is the Redding Chair of Business and a core faculty member in the PhD in Human Capital Management program at Bellevue University. Her research has been published in a number of journals and edited volumes. She also serves in the U.S. Technical Advisory Group, designated by the Society for Human Resource Management, the American National Standards Institute, and the International Organization for Standardization to create and represent the United States'
view on global human-resource standards.
Bruce J. Avolio, PhD, has an international reputation as a researcher and practitioner in leadership. He was recently ranked in the top 25 management scholars of the last 50 years. He has consulted with public and private organizations in North and South America, Africa, Europe, and Southeast Asia. He has published 11 books and over 150 articles on leadership and related areas and is Professor of Management at the University of Washington's Foster Center for Leadership.
"Luthans, Youssef-Morgan, and Avolio have provided a thoroughly
researched and intriguing
volume. Their framework promises an approach intended to help businesses and
organizations to gain competitive advantage by developing and increasing the PsyCap of
their personnel." --PsycCRITIQUES