Boyz II Men: Twenty
Elsewhere $33.52 $19.95 Save $13.57 (40%)
Free shipping Australia wide
Order Now for Christmas with e-Gift
Boyz II Men's new studio album Twenty features brand
new material for the first time in 10 years.
The group worked with hit producers such as Babyface
(Beyonce), Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis (Janet Jackson),
Teddy Riley (Michael Jackson), Rob Knox (Justin
Timberlake) and more.
Making up Twenty is these 12 brand new tracks plus a
second disc of 8 Boyz II Men classics reworked for 2011,
to celebrate the band's 20th Anniversary. TRACKLISTING
1. Believe 2. So Amazing 3. Put Some Music on 4. Slowly 5. More Than You'll Ever Know 6. I Shoulda Lied 7. The Benefit of a Fool 8.
Refuse to be the Reason 9. One More Dance 10. Will You Be There 11. Flow 12. One Up for Love
CLASSICS 2011 VERSIONS
1. Motownphilly 2. On Bended Knee 3. Four Seasons of Loneliness 4. Water Runs Dry 5. A Song for Mama 6. It's So Hard To Say
Goodbye 7. I'll Make Love To You 8. End of The Road. Bonus Track ('New Classic'): 9. Not Like You
- Personnel: Marc Offenbach, John Dee, Kevin Gasser.
- Recording information: Brandon's Way Recording, Los Angeles, CA; Flyte Tyme Studios, Santa Monica, CA; Glenwood Studios, Burbank, CA; Mad House Studios; The Enemy Dojo, Calabasas, CA; Wirlwide Studios, Atlanta, GA; Wyman Records; Wyman Studios, Burbank, CA.
- Photographer: Gitte Meldgaard.
- Disc one of Twenty constitutes Boyz II Men's first full-length set of original material since 2002's Full Circle, an album released just prior to the departure of bass vocalist Michael McCary. The title here isn't the only manner in which the group acknowledges its longevity. They work with past collaborators such as Tim & Bob, Teddy Riley, and Babyface, each of whom either produces or co-produces three tracks. Rather than attempt to compete with younger acts on the charts, they largely stick to their tried and true approach and appeal to their longtime listeners. Some of the slower songs get a little raunchy, but most of them -- highlighted by "More Than You'll Ever Know," featuring Charlie Wilson -- switch between romantic pleading and uplifting/inspirational modes. It's their most enjoyable work since 2000's Nathan Michael Shawn Wanya. On the second disc, Boyz II Men cover themselves. In some cases, the new looks at their hits are closer to re-creations than reinterpretations, with only slight variations on the vocal and instrumental arrangements. That Boyz II Men still have it, both individually and collectively, is undeniable; their group harmonies sound as easy as ever. That's what they had over most contemporary R&B acts in 1991, and that's what they have over all of them in 2011. ~ Andy Kellman
Professional ReviewsEntertainment Weekly (p.75) - "[With] 12 new songs that highlight the now-trio's dazzling street-corner harmonies and unwavering devotion to '90s-style scented-candle slow jams." -- Grade: B
|Format:||CD (2 Disc); Stereo|
|Release Date:||17 October, 2011|
Tell a friend
Review this Product
Webmasters, Bloggers & Website Owners
You can earn a 5% commission by selling Boyz II Men: Twenty on your website.
It's easy to get started - we will give you example code. After you're set-up, your website can earn you money while you work, play or even sleep!
Are you the Author/Publisher? Improve sales by submitting additional information on this title.
This item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.